Friday, January 12, 2007

.
.
.
.
CHRISTIAN MARTIN

When I construct a mix, I usually have about six months of new songs banging around in my head. I don't always strive for the newest of the new - sometimes I'll hear an amazing song and a year will go by before I find a place for it in a mix.The transitions between tracks are just as important to me as the tracks themselves. I had some early trouble with clunky mixes between great songs in this mix - Ableton Live saved the day, as always.Ultimately, my goal is to assemble a group of songs that inspire me and humble me; songs that reveal something new even after dozens of listens. I want to be able to hear these tracks in a club, a car, or someone's living room at 3pm after a warehouse party.

tracklist: christian martin's set

01. Vincenzo - Valium [Liebe Detail]
02. Mlle Caro & Franck Garcia - Far Away [Crosstown Rebels]
03. Christian Martin - Tom Waits [unreleased]
04. Jimpster - Square Up [Buzzin Fly]
05. Khia - My Neck, My Back (acapella)
06. Alter Ego - Blow [Klang Elektronik]
08. Claude Vonstroke - Who's Afraid of Detroit? (Three Channels remix) [dirtybird]
09. Christian Martin - Wolf Eels & Moon Snails [unreleased]
10. Moloko - Statues (Martin Buttrich remix) [Echo]
11. Cobblestone Jazz - Dump Truck [Wagon Repair]
12. Claude VonStroke - Killah [CDR]
13. Martin Buttrich - Cloudy Bay [Pokerflat]
14. Hot Chip - No Fit State (Audion remix) [EMI UK]
15. Minilogue - Hitchhiker's Choice [Crosstown Rebels]
16. Square One - Vesuvius (Justin Martin's 'I Hope It Doesn't Blow' Mix) [Freerange Records]
17. Mikael Weil - Silmarions (Claude Vonstroke Bavarian Ferrari Mix) [True to Form]
18. Tracey Thorn - It's All True (Martin Buttrich remix) [Astralwerks]

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice picks, can't wait to hear CM's mix!!!
(even though I have many of the tracks :)

4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christian Martin - Tom Waits [unreleased]

wow this track is dope!

6:25 AM  
Blogger mnsr said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

great mixing / and great trax ! 10+

1:01 AM  
Blogger Greg said...

any chance we could get this re-uped?

please?

2:48 PM  
Blogger Prohibition69 said...

If you missed this mix you can find it here:
http://www.dirtybirdrecords.com/mixes.html

Only just found out about this great blog meself ;)

5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home