Tuesday, June 09, 2009

.
.
CLEMENT MEYER

When I record a mix, I always start from fresh sounds I heard over the last several weeks. I don't want to play only unreleased stuff or tracks from obscure digital labels but I try, when it's possible, to play things not everybody already plays. I like to dig in my vinyl collection and find a track released 3 or 4 years ago that perfectly fits with current trends.

The most important thing to have as a DJ is personality. I made this mix with songs I couldn't put in my last mix on getthecurse and it reflects what I would call my specialty: dark, sexy, warehouse music.

I try to build my mixes as a summary of an entire party, with 15 - 20 minutes of warm up, a peak time and a relevant end.
I made this one with Ableton. This is only the second mix I have done with this software and it is something new to me. I've always considered myself a classical DJ, mixing with vinyls and cds, and this is a new transition for me.



01. Louderbach - Notes
02. Oliver Deutschmann & Koljah - Piller
03. Gwen Maze - Mercredeep

04. Signal Deluxe - Siberian Roads
05. Anja Schneider - La Roulette

06. Different Gear - Nightclubs
07. Nikkittin & Semikashev - Sharp Corner
08. Reshuffle - The Upper Shelf
09. Martin Woerner - Tilt Tuck

10. Tassilo - Pulp

11. Patrick Lindsey - Tanz Bei Nacht

12. Signal Deluxe - Mammoth

4 Comments:

Anonymous UBERtrigger said...

T W O ° Y E A R S ° A F T E R !

Great Tracks Selection & Mix !

6:41 AM  
Blogger joeblocker said...

Woaw ... comme j'aime!

9:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mieux vaut tard que jamais...je découvre ce mix 2 mois après. Impeccable comme d'habitude.

11:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home