Friday, August 24, 2007

.
.
PHEEK

The mix came all by itself in a week where nothing was really working. I started by layering tracks together, trying to find some sort of storyline and narrative progression. As I was working in Ableton to find my tracklist, I then got involved into editing most of the tracks I wanted to use. As I was building the mix, things went on as 3 or more tracks would always be playing, creating a new track by itself.

I really focus on finding my own pleasure by mixing music I really like. I remember reading on forum boards how people are into mixes where they hope to hear unreleased material or a bunch of hits. I thought that it was all silly. I'm definitely more interested in a good, warm groove and an enlightening subject (melody, sound, fx). I don't like tightness either. I think mistakes leave a human side too, as Herbert would say. I also just let things come and left some unexpected mistakes in, such as playing by mistake, a track by Ulrich...an amusing moment that, somehow, felt good, too. Why not? It's my mix.


01. D-fine & Nabas - "Selling Souls (Pheek edit)" (Underline)
02. Stewart Walker - "Fernbank 91 (Robag Wruhme remix)" (Persona)
03. Louderbach - "Scattered from the Inside (Ryan Crosson Remix)" (Underline)
04. Drunkat - "Scalextrix" (Toy Box Records)
05. Drunkat - "Tragabolas" (Toy Box Records)
06. Liuiu Graza - "Pink Suit Thriller" (Num Records)
07. Chloe - "Suspended (Broke remix)" (Kill the DJ)
08. Ultrakurt - "Soutabash" (Minibar)
09. Eric Jonston - "Headphone Hairstyle (Pheek edit)" (Wolf + Lamb)
10. Kramer - "Sonne ist da" (Get Physical)
11. Suedmilch - "Gib Mir Mehr" (Autist records)
12. The Mountain People - "Mountain 004 (Pheek edit)" (Mountain People)
13. Ulrich Schnauss - "In Between the Years" (Independante)
14. Oliver Hacke - "Track 87" (A touch of class)
15. Joel Mull - "Enter Your Moment" (Harthouse)
16. Zentex - "Jenga (Pheek edit)" (Unreleased)
17. Liebe ist Cool - "Elfgardens" (unreleased)
18. Digitaline - "Anticlockwise (Pheek edit)" (Cadenza)
19. Mathias Kaden - "Obeah" (Vakant)
20. Ricardo Villalobos - "Drummolator" (Perlon)
21. Serafin - " Berlin has no cows (Pheek edit" (Mountain People)
22. Marco Erre - "Fixed" (Unknown)
23. Boris Werner & Lauhaus - "Legeres" (Remote Area)
24. Kabale und Liebe & Lauhaus - "Makake" (Unreleased)
25. Liebe ist Cool - "Nodes of Oz (Pheek edit)" (Unreleased)
26. Efdemin - "April Fools (Pheek edit)" (Dial)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn nice set Pheek!!

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This thing is brilliant...beautifully done! Thanks :-)

12:29 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Favorite. That Oliver Hacke track is the bee's knees.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Ron Erredmek said...

So awesome... Pheek never lets us down!

This is one sweet mix -- thanks for posting and keep up the great Modyfier initiative!

:-)

Cheers,
Ron Erredmek

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bape shoes
supreme
off white clothing
curry 6
golden goose
jordan 1 off white
supreme
jordans shoes
golden goose slide
adidas yeezy

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home