Friday, August 24, 2007

.
.
PHEEK

The mix came all by itself in a week where nothing was really working. I started by layering tracks together, trying to find some sort of storyline and narrative progression. As I was working in Ableton to find my tracklist, I then got involved into editing most of the tracks I wanted to use. As I was building the mix, things went on as 3 or more tracks would always be playing, creating a new track by itself.

I really focus on finding my own pleasure by mixing music I really like. I remember reading on forum boards how people are into mixes where they hope to hear unreleased material or a bunch of hits. I thought that it was all silly. I'm definitely more interested in a good, warm groove and an enlightening subject (melody, sound, fx). I don't like tightness either. I think mistakes leave a human side too, as Herbert would say. I also just let things come and left some unexpected mistakes in, such as playing by mistake, a track by Ulrich...an amusing moment that, somehow, felt good, too. Why not? It's my mix.


01. D-fine & Nabas - "Selling Souls (Pheek edit)" (Underline)
02. Stewart Walker - "Fernbank 91 (Robag Wruhme remix)" (Persona)
03. Louderbach - "Scattered from the Inside (Ryan Crosson Remix)" (Underline)
04. Drunkat - "Scalextrix" (Toy Box Records)
05. Drunkat - "Tragabolas" (Toy Box Records)
06. Liuiu Graza - "Pink Suit Thriller" (Num Records)
07. Chloe - "Suspended (Broke remix)" (Kill the DJ)
08. Ultrakurt - "Soutabash" (Minibar)
09. Eric Jonston - "Headphone Hairstyle (Pheek edit)" (Wolf + Lamb)
10. Kramer - "Sonne ist da" (Get Physical)
11. Suedmilch - "Gib Mir Mehr" (Autist records)
12. The Mountain People - "Mountain 004 (Pheek edit)" (Mountain People)
13. Ulrich Schnauss - "In Between the Years" (Independante)
14. Oliver Hacke - "Track 87" (A touch of class)
15. Joel Mull - "Enter Your Moment" (Harthouse)
16. Zentex - "Jenga (Pheek edit)" (Unreleased)
17. Liebe ist Cool - "Elfgardens" (unreleased)
18. Digitaline - "Anticlockwise (Pheek edit)" (Cadenza)
19. Mathias Kaden - "Obeah" (Vakant)
20. Ricardo Villalobos - "Drummolator" (Perlon)
21. Serafin - " Berlin has no cows (Pheek edit" (Mountain People)
22. Marco Erre - "Fixed" (Unknown)
23. Boris Werner & Lauhaus - "Legeres" (Remote Area)
24. Kabale und Liebe & Lauhaus - "Makake" (Unreleased)
25. Liebe ist Cool - "Nodes of Oz (Pheek edit)" (Unreleased)
26. Efdemin - "April Fools (Pheek edit)" (Dial)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

damn nice set Pheek!!

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Miroslav said...

This thing is brilliant...beautifully done! Thanks :-)

12:29 PM  
Blogger derekcarney said...

Favorite. That Oliver Hacke track is the bee's knees.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Erredmek said...

So awesome... Pheek never lets us down!

This is one sweet mix -- thanks for posting and keep up the great Modyfier initiative!

:-)

Cheers,
Ron Erredmek

9:25 PM  
Blogger Young said...

These onitsuka tiger online shop are buy asics tigers online awesome, tiger asics shoes but huge! I cheap onitsuka tiger had to asics tiger australia return twice cheap onitsuka tiger shoes because they onitsuka tiger zodiac were so big asics tiger I normally onitsuka tiger australia wear a 7.5 but ended up fitting asics onitsuka tiger mexico nicely into a tiger mexico 66. Other than that, onitsuka tiger shoes australia they look spiffy, seem onitsuka tiger mexico 66 black well made tiger mini cooper only had asics onitsuka so far, and they tiger shoes australia are still holding buy onitsuka tiger shoes online together mexico 66 perfectly, onitsuka tiger yellow black as they should be), and onitsuka tiger tokyo they came onitsuka tiger ultimate 81 with two asics onitsuka tiger trainers colors of laces asics kinsei. I onitsuka tiger mexico 66 yellow black would certainly tiger shoes onitsuka buy other onitsuka tiger sale colors of discount asics running shoes that I know onitsuka tiger mexico 66 my correct onitsuka tiger black white this brand buy onitsuka tiger shoes is a good asics international shipping best online onitsuka tiger online store

2:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home