Saturday, April 12, 2008

.
.

DJ RIPLEY

To the Party Members:

Comrades, fellow travelers and committed members of the party, I present to you:


The aftereffects of a sustained indoctrination of my breakcore roots with four-on-the-floor and 125-140 beats. Infiltrators of my brokenbeat, amen-pure mental state included: Donna Summer, Com.a, Passions, DJ Family, David Last, Curses!, Starkey, Bird Peterson, Dj Deeon, Switch and the 2step/UK Garage pirate radio broadcasts that reached me in a weakened state as I returned from squat parties in 1999.


Yes, I confess to you all, I was sucked kicking and screaming back into house music. The inevitability of history (guilty late nights in 1994 at the Paradise gay bar basement in Boston, hopping to Cajmere), and my continuing admiration and uncontrolled body manipulation by the aforementioned characters sent me in that direction: falling backwards from the po-faced dubstep and the skrewface/drooling breakcore, wiggling up from the 2step sounds.. here it is in all its glory. A party manifesto.


It wasn't easy. The melodic charms so much more prevalent in this style, the square beats that encourage smooth tweaking rather than the rough cutting I favor, all of these were obstacles. My tone-arms weakened by 12 years of hard use in the interest of the Party, occasionally sent Serato wonky and resistant. But I soldiered on! The last hurdle: my preference for swung time/triplets mixed with backbeat 2step - a shuddery-juddery boogie that can't be made too clean. Hopefully you all will agree.


Onward the party!


01. Mutamassik - We-Do Featuring Cyra Unique

02. Stumble - Wuz Up Break (Sb2 Version)

03. 8 Frozen Modules - Stagnating The Process

04. Frikstailers - Dabadaba
05. RS-232 - Ping
06. Grievous Angel - Move Down Low (feat. Rubi Dan)

07. Bird Peterson - Broke

08. M.I.A. - XR2 (Tigerstyle Remix)

09. Lil Mama - No_Music (Starkey Refix)

10. Rustie - Diwali Boom

11. Monster Zoku Onsomb - Pump It Hottie

12. Bird Peterson - Bring The Noise

13. DJ Donna Summer - Push It (Dj DS Remix)

14. TS7 ft.Tdot - Ding Dong

15. Basement Jaxx - Jump 'N' Shout (Stanton Warriors Remix)

16. Bombaman - Alter Ego (Fuckingham Palace)

17. Cruel Culture - Fuck The Truth

18. Kode9 - Magnet City

19. Timeblind - Buzzed

20. David Last - Track 04

21. Worthy - Crack-el (Justin Martin's Stoopit Crunk-Ill Hyphy Mix)

22. I.Cube and RZA - Deal with that

23. Smalltown Djs - (Mu) Strike a Badman

24. Mz. Thang - Club Muzik

25. Yo Majesty - Club Action (Chris Bagraider's Sailing to Baltimore Edit)

26. [S] Mann - Summer In the City Dub

27. Com.a - Ghetto Magic

28. Mochipet - Hyphee Step Remix

29. Erbs - Mysterious

30. Sunship feat. Warrior Queen - Quits (Sinden Remix)

31. Stuff Sister Label - B2 Lean Wit It

32. Dude n Nem - Watch My Feet (Pop Rawkus Let Me See You Juke Remix)

33. DJ Q - Shottas

34. Math Head - Do Damage (Passions remix)

35. Christina Aguilera - Aint No Other Man (Blaerg Oral Fistfuck Remix)

4 Comments:

Blogger kidkameleon said...

hooray!

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so different. that's dope

7:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://paletteweb.free.fr
http://paletteweb.muxtape.com/
http://www.myspace.com/paletteweb

8:32 AM  
Blogger Bentropy said...

Ohhhh Damn. This *inspires*, almost to the degree that I must leave the computer right now to finish my troubled tracks...think I'll wait till afterwards though...

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home