Wednesday, August 26, 2009

.
.
RUTHIT

When I was invited to be featured as part of the Process Series on Modyfier, I was excited and torn between compiling a DJ mix or sending one of my own productions called, “Cameronian,” that I made in memory of my good friend, Cameron, who sadly passed away last year. After a long think about it, I decided to record a DJ mix as I wanted to express myself on the decks instead of through a production.

I knew instantly how I wanted to set the scene on this mix, so I produced a hypnotic tribal track with a cut from one of my heroes, Sir David Attenborough. After much deliberation, I finally found the perfect sample which I feel describes the influence in my music from organic tribal sounds.

Once I had the introduction track sorted I had to decide which direction I wanted to take the mix in. It was always going to be deep, but would I take it moody or keep it nice and warm?

I'll leave it to you to find out what I decided. I will say I'm very pleased with it and would love and appreciate any feedback.

If anyone would like to listen to the track I was going to choose that I made in memory of my friend, the track is released on four:twenty recordings. You can check it out here.

ruthit - process part 158 by modyfier

01. Ruthit - Intro Tool
02. Lauhaus & Sandy Hunter - Well Well Well
03. Sante - You
04. Veitengruber - Bon Melange (Afrilounge remix)
05. Patlac - Cedar
06. Town Crier - Humm
07. Audiofly - Shazam
08. Anthea & Alex Celler - The Playmaker
09. Okain - Where Is Monday
10. Coyu & Edu Imbernon - El Baile Aleman
11. Mark Broom - Jackpot - (Nic Fanciulli remix)
12. Mathias Meyer - Tenor
13. Ruthit - Brown

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

3:00 AM  
Blogger Braddie G said...

Nice playlist. Great collection for your friend and friendship of you two. Etizolam RX Online to reduce your stress and anxiety attacks.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home