Wednesday, July 15, 2009

.
.
TELEPOPMUSIK

The making of a song is mostly mysterious. Ghost Girl, from our new ep (in stores July 12), was written in just four hours. At the time, I was living in New York in a very old building in Soho. Sometimes I would feel spirits around. My mini home studio was in the exact same place where, ten years before, a guy overdosed and died. One afternoon I was playing a guitar arpeggio and my friend, Duke, started to play some chords over it. Two hours later an instrumental demo was ready. We decided to call Kim and after briefing her about the ghost we felt around, she sang a story about a ghost girl. Two takes later, the vocal demo was ready and you can listen to it below.


One year later, back in France, I finished the song production with 2 Square, making Ghost Girl a Telepopmusik song.


We love to be remixed, so some were been done by Jesse Rose, Blatta & Inesha, and Tittsworth. Below, the Jesse Rose remix to download.


6 Comments:

Anonymous dan visel said...

is there a reason you're no longer allowing downloads at soundcloud? would love to hear this but i'm much more likely to listen to it if it's an mp3.

12:48 PM  
Anonymous pop-goes-the-visel said...

hey dan,
just check out the arrow down symbol at the right side of the soundcloud player: you certainly will be delighted to find out that this button activates the magic download function for the respective mp3 file. enjoy!

1:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the tune as a good well made pop treat. But to me that remix is so lame... too bad.

2:47 AM  
Anonymous marine supply stores said...

Isn't it just incredible how music writing/composing works? I mean, who says you can't get good material with just a few hours?

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Model Gamis Lebaran Edisi 2015 said...

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic.

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Gambar Baju Batik Kerja Wanita 2015 said...

Interesting story in fact and we have a lot to get from it. I was expecting for this type of post. Thanks for this brilliant addition. I hope you will provide next post soon.

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home