Monday, October 05, 2009

.
.

NITZAN


I am a self-confessed retired DJ. Even though I just came back from a gig at Tape(de), I think that over the last couple of years there has been a real shift in the way I consume and transmit music. The extent of dance-floor effectiveness I am looking for in records I buy (and release - on the label) has completely declined. The records I played in this mix have all been pivotal to my personal development much more than in my musical one. I contemplated (and attempted) to write down a quick run down of where and when each of these tracks touched me, but decided to leave the personal meta-data out. There is something translucent about these records when played in private.


nitzan - process part 164 by modyfier

01. Love & Rockets - Ball of Confusion - BNE

02. Kelley Polar - Vocalize (From Here to Polarity) - Environ

03. The Neon Judgement - The Fashion Party - BNE

04. Lawrence - Swap - Dial

05. Takamou - Takamous - 311

06. Krust - Excuses - Talking Loud

07. Sonja Moonear - 99 Erika - Katapult

08. Akufen - Deck The House - Force Tracks


I have put together this mix to mark MVSICA, for a new 100 copies cd release (special art by SawDust). A compilation that is mostly about where I am coming from personally and where I'm going to, musically. Please send an email to info@fineartrecordings.co.uk with "I am interested in mvsica CD" in the subject line if you would like to receive one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home