Monday, November 09, 2009

.
.
CASPER C

For some time, I've harbored hopes of putting together a feel-good mix of records that have really stood the test of time, and harbor genuine emotion and meaning to me. And what better time than the beginning of another UK summer that arrived with such high hopes (Don't they always?). And right now, in November, as the nights draw in, and the air begins to bite, what better time to remind ourselves that it's always Summer, somewhere...

The beginning of 2009 was a time of cross-genre musical celebration, with the warm, organic feeling of 'real' house, disco and techno with a non-minimal studio approach enjoying a resurgence, which continues today. Studio-tanned die-hards, such as Aeroplane, Todd Terje, Omar S and DJ Koze were crossing over all over the place, and becoming bonafide members of the pantheon of dance.

This mix is my attempt at telling a story which, such is life, has a bittersweet overtone... Reading between the lines, the second half of the mix is more autobiographical than I feel its necessary to reveal in public. Like the best stories, and the best summers, I hope this mix leaves you with unanswered questions, unrequited emotions but the reassurance that, at the end of it all, everything really is going to be alright, and it will always be summer somewhere.

casper c - process part 172 (its always summer somewhere) by modyfier

01. Aeroplane - Aeroplane
02. Tommy Seebach - Bubble Sex
03. Low Motion Disco - People Come In Slowly
04. Skatebard - Marimba
05. Woolfy vs Projections - Abysnth (Marcos Worgull Remix)
06. Blackbelt Anderson - Sandoz
07. Studio - Life's A Beach (Todd Terje Remix)
08. Justus Kohncke - It's Gonna Be Alright
09. James Chance - One More Regret
10. Omar S - Psychotic Photosynthesis
11. Addled - I'm Sorry
12. John Tejada - The End Of It All
13. DJ Koze - Mariposa
14. Tommy James & The Shondells - Crimson & Clover

4 Comments:

Blogger daniel said...

Incredibly stunning mix here. What can I say? I'm left agape.

I shared it on reddit - hope that's ok:

http://www.reddit.com/r/mixes/comments/a5rae/casper_c_process_part_172_its_always_summer/

Thanks for bringing a little more love into my life!

1:22 AM  
Blogger casper_c said...

Wow, that's quite a complement there! Most people only take the time to send negative energy online :)

6:11 PM  
Anonymous casper_c said...

Should I say, compliment! :p

3:24 PM  
Blogger PeteE said...

Casper_C, your mix is fantastic. I've been listening to it for months now. I've listened to all of the process series and yours is one of the standouts for me. Also big thank you to Rayna for bringing us so much great music and creative DJ mixes!

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home