Monday, March 19, 2007

.
.
If I had an euro for everytime I was asked : "How did you come up with those sounds on your "DISLOCATED GENIUS" debut cd???", I could probably set-up (for myself) a proper studio in beverly hills!! I have always been obsessed with -sound- since i was 9 years old, so it comes as no surprise that my debut longplayer came fully equipped with it's own soundscape.
"Mythologies" has been said to be my so-called 'masterpiece' ---it is my most challenging song to date (it came with 3 parts) - i can still hear Booka Shade & MANDY pleading with me: "Does it have to be so overblown??? So complex??? That long???".
88% of the sounds on that cd have nothing to do with modern technology, nor software. Many find this arduous to swallow, but it is a fact! It would take the average person 12 years to unravel the seemingly easy complexities which mystify that album.
My favorite sound on the album is a haunting ghostship sound, called: CHEpsycho proustian t. t.. It took weeks for me to get the layering fx perfect! Neurothug, who's been working with me since day one, can absolutely testify to this struggle! my motto in life: IF YOU DON'T STAND FOR SOMETHING...YOU'LL FALL FOR ANYTHING! So i took a big chance to shape&change what was popular&typical around 2004...and move towards 2019!
I went to london 3 years ago and bought an extremely rare 12" white label test pressing (the smiths "Barbarism Begins At Home") - it cost me nearly 3oo pounds(!) because on the flip side was rare test tones, which were hauntingly scattered, and they completely rendered me speechless; i knew there was a reason to be magically drawn to the record to begin with. Voodoo?
I knew something was missing on "Mythologies", but i was advised to leave it alone...my label wanted the cd to be finished! But I wouldn't send it, not just yet. I refused to consider the track finished...until I added CHEpsycho proustian t. t. ! I'll never forget how it sounded, once added; I had goosebumps! NOW the track was complete! Many have told me that my cd is so eccentric that it would take years to comprehend --there might be some truth to this statement, since i get mails all the time (to this very day), saying that the cd is starting to make sense after the passing of a couple of years!
I have said in many interviews: "I'll NEVER be able to equal the weird science/mystery of -DISLOCATED GENIUS - everything I create will either fall UNDER or TOP...but never EQUAL it!" - The 12 songs have fallen into an URBAN MYTH category...and that's where this album shall remain!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Interview and song. Wow. I'd love to know how you pulled this off.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

Dislocated Genius has, over the past two years become my favorite album of the decade. It is a masterwork.

7:53 PM  
Blogger maxbacharach said...

What a tit. Painful bragging poorly articulated. Uuurgh.

12:39 PM  
Blogger Prohibition69 said...

Dunno about the rest of ye heard but what I downloaded here was a 30 second sound-bite of what suspiciously sounds like incidental music from "The Clangers" (a British kids TV show from the 60s) or a sound effect courtesy of the BBC Radiophonic Workshop.

Whatever it is, it certainly doesn't justify the ludicrous overblown pompous self-regarding bullshit masturbated up on this webpage. Then again this might not be egowank; this guy could be taking the piss?

3:11 PM  
Blogger Prohibition69 said...

Mind you he does some lovely paintings :-)

4:34 PM  
Blogger mommymay said...

there will be haters in every corner ready and waiting to piss on anyone just to fulfill thier pathetic frustrated lives. here are a few.waiting to hear the albums they do.they probably won´t even equal the genious. right Max! you wanker.

8:41 AM  
Blogger stacynabru said...

There isn't an artist out there like Chelonis R. Jones!
Out since 2002. with 3 cds and over 65 featuring releases to date, not only is he one of the most prolific
artist out there, HE IS THE ONLY ONE QUALIFIED TO EVEN TOUCH THE TITLE: REAL, REBEL ARTIST! And the most versatile! As mommymay
stated: I would also love to see Max, Matt & Prohibition's creations! Even CRJ's toilet paper could carry a patent that these primates couldn't even wipe their runny anus with! CRJ is one of the most cutting edge artist out today. I've read in inteviews he's considered odd, dark, even reclusive. He's never chosen to do music videos, nor hire a manager, which in today's ass-kissing society, seems totally incredible! He chooses to stay in the shadows. Chooses to remain provocative and always 5 steps ahead of the rest. Although there are many cheap imitators, there is only one Chelonis R. Jones! His latest cd "Chatterton" could easily wipe the
trendy, phoney, crowdpleaser fashion-set out with a single drop of the needle! He is a genius in production, voice, lyrics AND simply BEING! I am not a fan, I'm a stalker! Love him or hate him CRJ is hear to stay!!!

3:27 AM  
Blogger Prohibition69 said...

mommymay & stacynabru = only one Chelonis R. Jones!

I'm no hater-how can I hate a 60 (whoops its 60 not 30, sorry bout that)second sample from a Doctor Who record? I love the Doctor!

Good luck with the toilet paper patent. How do you wipe your anus with an mp3? ;-)

10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if that pro69 guy thinks we all are crj, that is hilarious!
it still won't change the fact that his chatterton cd is the most challenging and inventive piece of art released in years! this cd is in constant rotation!! and crj isn't hiding under my bed, nor did he pay me to say it!



if it walks like hater
talks like hater
smells like hater...

8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who care what the sound really is, or where it came from! JESUS! listen to the music, and thank your stars that it didn't STOP with prince bowie and low reed!!
times & artists are a changin, so i'll give credit where credit is due. ps britney is always availabe just in case!

let luv rule

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

maybe you meant LOU reed!!! ha ha ha
blame it on all the excitement. you are forgiven!
ps. CRJ rocks!!!!!! and invents (or re-invents) all his sound fx, just google him up, and check out his interviews, easy as pie!

12:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cult. a legend. 2nd to none!

ps -leave matt out of this beef! he is a true fan!
and i'm quite sure this artist has more than 6 fans!!!!!!!!!!

if crj knew about these comments, he'd laugh right out of his straightjacket! but seriously guys, lighten up.

12:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home