Thursday, January 15, 2009

.
.
CHEVEL


I’m sitting in my flat listening to some John Coltrane tunes, trying to chill my mind, wondering how to write a proper text for this process. The first thing I did when Rayna and I got in touch was to focus on the deep meaning of the word process. I've tried to transpose this meaning onto my personal experience. Actually, I’m living a deep process in my life and my teenage years will be gone in 2009.


Walking back in the years, I remember the day (I was eleven) when I decided to make music with my first computer. I was a bit confused about how to do it but I was also curious at the same time. I gave up going out everyday with my friends and I started spending whole afternoons in my room, trying to find how to make cool sounds. Unfortunately, this passion has stolen from me some good friendships in the past. I like so much to be closed in a room with a pc and some analog studio gear, just making music.


In the beginning, this situation was a bit frustrating. However, I soon realized this feeling of being unfulfilled was the key to finding a way of making music and art. Now, I suppose, I have found my meaning of the word process: a never-ending rush with no aim, no destination. It’s the flow in life, the mind in motion, the perfection you’ll never get, a perpetual state of crisis. That's why I mixed some tracks which really changed my point of view and gave me a good vibration to go on and never turn back during this endless life research.


With Love.


01. Sun Electric – Toninas (Ricardo Villalobos Remix) [Shitkataput]

02. Ripperton – Leonor’s Lanugo (Anders Ilar Remix) [Perspectiv]

03. Joel Mull – Begun The End Has [Railyard]

04. Petter – Left Turned [Border Community]

05. Lucy – Summery Drumming [Meerestief ltd]

06. Massive Attack – Teardrop (Minilogue Remix) [Not on label]

07. Lucy & Chevel – Secretaries Make Noise [Unreleased]

08. James Holden – A Break In The Clouds [Border Community]

09. Throbbing Gristle – Hot On The Heels Of Love (Ratcliffe Remix) [Novamute]

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

must be really great mix ) thanx
i like your blog very much
fantastic people submitting their love to the Music
please keep on and all the best to you !
)

12:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

kobe shoes
golden goose
kyrie shoes
supreme new york
bape t shirt
yeezy
off white hoodie
kyrie 7
kd13
curry 8

9:07 AM  
Blogger AlexWhite said...

Whether it’s because of an unexpected bill, a new expense, or a change of unsecured loans employment, we can all find ourselves short on funds. In those times, a always approved loans or cash advance could make all the difference. But if you have bad credit, can you even get a loan

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Buy Wholesale Pillows said...

Great blog. Thanks a lot for sharing.

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home