Friday, May 01, 2009

.
.

DEXIN


I recorded this mix prior to leaving the place where I had lived for four years. It was really full of energy, experiences, meetings, images, odors and I wanted to capture those memories in sound. With so many friends and other people having passed through my home at different times, I was feeling strange about departing from it. This became a mix of sadness, nostalgia already seeping in, but also of happiness with thoughts of the future and a shedding of material things. Soul is never retained in a material form and has no limit for spreading itself. All these memories will always be with me, not enclosed in a place without access...


So I wanted this recording to represent the past four years of my life...a melting of happiness, deception, intense joys, sadness, self-interrogations, pure craziness...and in it's entirety, show a feeling of hope and positivity. I pre-selected a large group of tracks that I thought would be timeless and not referred to as period hits. Then I made the mix fluidly, in one shot, because I didn't want an intended and cold result. I wanted to feel the humanity behind it, knowing that right after it was done, I would unplug everything and pack the records for good.


01. Captain Storm - Anton Zap

02. Nitzi (In My Mind, So Fine) - Melon

03. The Secret - Lee Jones

04. Wat men hoort - omar-s 004

05. Orgsa - Sis

06. Vandon - Reboot

07. Thrill - Sascha Braemer & Philip Bader

08. Jus Your - Sex Trothler Feat. Baby Prince

09. Ice - Daso & Pawas

10. Reality Check (Vincenzo Remix) - Audio Soul Project

11. Marsupial - Dan Curtin

12. The Pump - Phonique

13. Jive Conspiracy - Wasted Chicago Youth

14. Coco Feel And Love Shonk - Shonky

15. Minimum 23 - Josh Wink

16. Sliding Away (Johnny D Vocal Mix) - 2020 Soundsystem

17. The Phantom Image - Vincenzo

18. Bummelzug (Afterhour Mix) - Daso & Pawas

19. Iridium (Superpitcher Remix) - Lullabies In The Dark

20. Baltringue - Chateau Flight

2 Comments:

Anonymous SiCK said...

Nice mix!

7:07 AM  
Anonymous braddie said...

This list includes many of my favorite songs. It gives a touch of happiness, intense joys, pure craziness when I listen to them.

3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home