Monday, November 24, 2008

.
.

ALLAND BYALLO


How do I make a mix? I go from the gut. I decide upon the general mood to start with and how I want to end. I'll pick maybe 25-30 tracks and whittle it down. Sounds go with sounds, moods go with moods... I like to make it raw. I try not to spend too much time obsessing, and I give quick listens to feel the funk and move on arranging my tracks loosely. Then I just go for it. It's gotta
be from within. I feel that the more brain you put into a DJ mix, the less you can call it body music. I play body music that doesn't disappoint the brain. This mix is a bit on the moody end of things. I've been feeling raw, rough sounds and lots of organic percussion lately. You'll find this mix travels from a deep and moody place to a rough and dirty place, giving a nod to my roots of techno, deep house and jazz. I like that.


01. IMPS - Uncle Limps (Minilogue Remix) [Mule Electronic]
02. Guillame & The Coutu Dumonts - Strange Place of Mind [Raum...musik]
03. Kevin Yost - Jazz Is (Nivek Tsoy Distant Jazz Remix) [I Records]
04. Kerri Chandler - Pong (Ben Klock's Bones & Drones Dub) [Deeply Rooted House]
05. Damian Schwartz - Tito Estuvo Aqui [Net28]
06. Jay Haze & Ricardo Villalobos - Sunday Prayer [Contexterrior]
07. Tom Demac - Jaded (Ripperton Remix) [Four:Twenty]
08. Wax - WAX10001_2 [WAX]
09. Anthony Collins - I Wanna Give (Babies From Gong Remix) [Bangbang!]
10. Mikael Stavostrand - Spaceflake [Sounderground]
11. Kreon - Jauce [Cecille Numbers]
12. Liapin - Redskin [Connect Four]
13. Arnaud Le Texier & Emmanuel Ternois - Serendipity [Safari Electronique]
14. Dtolio - Laconism (iDrop Remix) [Drag and Drop]

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

really like this

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home